Skip to main content

Reviewing Peer Responses to Artwork

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog
Travis Williams
https://travartreflect.blogspot.com/?m=1
 Carly Repka
http://repkacarly.blogspot.com/2017/09/logo.html


2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
Yes I did find in both these projects, both of these individuals did a very good job of showing their Elements and Principals, especially Travis. It seem as if he had a lot of experience doing this, not to knock Carly who's picture are very well taken and thought about.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
Yes in Travis"s Blog there was the image of the swirling hands, the reasons were different but we both found it interesting.


4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them? 
To be honest no one else pictures really stood out to be because i really loved mines,  but for project 1 I think both people did a better job than I did.

5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
It was a little lenty process, but it was very valuable, not only did I did get to see peoples point of views on different pieces of art including the own interpretation of elements and principals but I got to see the different quality in there work and how they structure everything. 

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful? Yes i did, i was a little bit hurt thought, but it was very well needed
. I very much invite constructive criticism and Christopher did a very good job helping me grow as a art student with his comments. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow Reflection

Doing this assignments was very challenging for me, the only easy part to this assignment was creating my Photobucket account, which was as simple as it get. The assignment on the other hand was hard with its fourteen different concepts of art this was so challenging that I still don't think I completed it very well. Starting off my assignment I first read the pages in the book to gain a better understanding of the elements and principals I was to take pictures of. After which came the first difficult task for which was to find real world inspiration that relate to my topic. Taking pictures was like a day and a half process constantly deleting, re-taking and posting over and over again, after which it was just a matter of trying to accurately put the slideshow together, which was also difficult. This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way. Album http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/alkatek/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Elements%20and%20Princ...

Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1

The two art pieces that made an impact on me from my visit to the Albright Knox are as followed in this order " The Marvelous Sauce" by Jenhan Geogres Vibert in 1890, done with Oil on wood panel, the second piece was "Tempest in Red" Sandra cinto in 1969, done with acrylic and permanent pen on canvas. The piece it made an impact on me because I found it so funny and full of life, unlike all the other art pieces i found that day this one made me smile as soon as I saw it and looking at these characters made me wonder what is in that sauce. The second piece on the other hand simply garbbed my attention for its visual beauty, its use of lines pull me in and had me lost captivated, reminding me of a very intense sea storm. Art pieces I feel the most connected with are as follows "Carnival of Harlequin" by Joan Miro in 1925, done with Oil on Canvas, and the second piece " Twirling Hands" by James Drake in 1996, done w...

M11 - Art Gallery Visit #2

Step 1: The Exhibition 1. What is the title of the exhibit? The title of the exhibit is called "The Deep end of the Universe" by Takashi Muraki  2. What is the theme of the exhibition? It is a mixture of traditional aesthetics and Japanese pop culture, with a “super flat style”. Step 2: The Gallery 1. What type of lighting is used? No special lighting was used other than the one normally presented in that exhibit room. 2. What colors are used on the walls? The walls or plain white, 3. What materials are used in the interior architecture of the space? Clear white room, with pieces on wall, no special set up. 4. How is the movement of the viewer through the gallery space? You are presented to everything at once in a very over whelming way. Step 3: The Artwork 1. How are the artworks organized? They are all in one room, it is arranged in kind of a panorama way where the art lines all around the wall in look a “n” shape with the art pieces on the ...