Skip to main content

Module 7 - Blog: Video Review

Video: Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art
1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
 There are different concepts that I learned from this video, these concepts ranged from the use of digital models, building using emotion and the fact that an architecture wants all work to be unique.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
It relates in the fact that Frank Gehry was one of the first to use digital design and manufacturing, he used this instead of sketching like all architects of that time were doing. Both the book and the video talked about him and gave a larger view of his work by focusing on different perspectives.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
Unlike the book this I felt gave far more information and a better visual representation of the process and look of using digital design.
4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
I chose this film because I really wanted to see the reaction of the architecture community when Frank Gehry used a digital design method instead of traditional sketching.

Video: Architecture: The science Design
1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
 The biggest or most important thing I think I learned is that there are two parts to every skyscraper, the part above and below ground, the fact that concreate is so versatile, and the fact that overpopulation in certain cities leads to the creation of higher building.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The text and video relate in the fact that they both discussed the different ways of construction and architecture.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
The film was a little boring to watch but, it gave me a depth of visualization which the books had fail to do for me.
4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?

There actually no real reason I choses this video it was just at random.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow Reflection

Doing this assignments was very challenging for me, the only easy part to this assignment was creating my Photobucket account, which was as simple as it get. The assignment on the other hand was hard with its fourteen different concepts of art this was so challenging that I still don't think I completed it very well. Starting off my assignment I first read the pages in the book to gain a better understanding of the elements and principals I was to take pictures of. After which came the first difficult task for which was to find real world inspiration that relate to my topic. Taking pictures was like a day and a half process constantly deleting, re-taking and posting over and over again, after which it was just a matter of trying to accurately put the slideshow together, which was also difficult. This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way. Album http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/alkatek/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Elements%20and%20Princ...

Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1

The two art pieces that made an impact on me from my visit to the Albright Knox are as followed in this order " The Marvelous Sauce" by Jenhan Geogres Vibert in 1890, done with Oil on wood panel, the second piece was "Tempest in Red" Sandra cinto in 1969, done with acrylic and permanent pen on canvas. The piece it made an impact on me because I found it so funny and full of life, unlike all the other art pieces i found that day this one made me smile as soon as I saw it and looking at these characters made me wonder what is in that sauce. The second piece on the other hand simply garbbed my attention for its visual beauty, its use of lines pull me in and had me lost captivated, reminding me of a very intense sea storm. Art pieces I feel the most connected with are as follows "Carnival of Harlequin" by Joan Miro in 1925, done with Oil on Canvas, and the second piece " Twirling Hands" by James Drake in 1996, done w...

M11 - Art Gallery Visit #2

Step 1: The Exhibition 1. What is the title of the exhibit? The title of the exhibit is called "The Deep end of the Universe" by Takashi Muraki  2. What is the theme of the exhibition? It is a mixture of traditional aesthetics and Japanese pop culture, with a “super flat style”. Step 2: The Gallery 1. What type of lighting is used? No special lighting was used other than the one normally presented in that exhibit room. 2. What colors are used on the walls? The walls or plain white, 3. What materials are used in the interior architecture of the space? Clear white room, with pieces on wall, no special set up. 4. How is the movement of the viewer through the gallery space? You are presented to everything at once in a very over whelming way. Step 3: The Artwork 1. How are the artworks organized? They are all in one room, it is arranged in kind of a panorama way where the art lines all around the wall in look a “n” shape with the art pieces on the ...