Skip to main content

Module Nine - Blog: Video Reviews

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I choose the videos the video “The Power of Art: Caravaggio” because, it talks about the passion that the artist has for his body of work. I also picked the video “The Greek Awakening: Art from the 5th Century BC”, I mainly decided on this because of it length, it being the shortest video.

2 . For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
The keys concepts I learned from “The Power of Art: Caravaggio” are that; the artist never wanted his pieces to be publicly viewed and so destroyed many of them, he was very fixated on the perfect athletic bodies, and that he carried a sense of mystery about himself which turned out to make his works more valuable. As for “The Greek Awakening: Art from the 5th Century BC” l learned that a movement of realism in art started among Greek culture in that time, at that time there was more of a focus on pottery and not paintings, lastly that there was a high association of women and fertilization reflected in their art.

3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
Just like in the texted, they are both focused on the lives of individuals in ancient times and how the art of that time was establishing and how culture and location effected this, also the fact that it showed the story behind some iconic artist.

4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
 I didn’t mind the films, because it was interesting and contained so much information.  I got more of an understanding of the artistes and there thought process of how they became as famous or infamous as they were. Also there gave me more visual reference of ancient times and their art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow Reflection

Doing this assignments was very challenging for me, the only easy part to this assignment was creating my Photobucket account, which was as simple as it get. The assignment on the other hand was hard with its fourteen different concepts of art this was so challenging that I still don't think I completed it very well. Starting off my assignment I first read the pages in the book to gain a better understanding of the elements and principals I was to take pictures of. After which came the first difficult task for which was to find real world inspiration that relate to my topic. Taking pictures was like a day and a half process constantly deleting, re-taking and posting over and over again, after which it was just a matter of trying to accurately put the slideshow together, which was also difficult. This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way. Album http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/alkatek/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Elements%20and%20Princ...

Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1

The two art pieces that made an impact on me from my visit to the Albright Knox are as followed in this order " The Marvelous Sauce" by Jenhan Geogres Vibert in 1890, done with Oil on wood panel, the second piece was "Tempest in Red" Sandra cinto in 1969, done with acrylic and permanent pen on canvas. The piece it made an impact on me because I found it so funny and full of life, unlike all the other art pieces i found that day this one made me smile as soon as I saw it and looking at these characters made me wonder what is in that sauce. The second piece on the other hand simply garbbed my attention for its visual beauty, its use of lines pull me in and had me lost captivated, reminding me of a very intense sea storm. Art pieces I feel the most connected with are as follows "Carnival of Harlequin" by Joan Miro in 1925, done with Oil on Canvas, and the second piece " Twirling Hands" by James Drake in 1996, done w...

M11 - Art Gallery Visit #2

Step 1: The Exhibition 1. What is the title of the exhibit? The title of the exhibit is called "The Deep end of the Universe" by Takashi Muraki  2. What is the theme of the exhibition? It is a mixture of traditional aesthetics and Japanese pop culture, with a “super flat style”. Step 2: The Gallery 1. What type of lighting is used? No special lighting was used other than the one normally presented in that exhibit room. 2. What colors are used on the walls? The walls or plain white, 3. What materials are used in the interior architecture of the space? Clear white room, with pieces on wall, no special set up. 4. How is the movement of the viewer through the gallery space? You are presented to everything at once in a very over whelming way. Step 3: The Artwork 1. How are the artworks organized? They are all in one room, it is arranged in kind of a panorama way where the art lines all around the wall in look a “n” shape with the art pieces on the ...