Skip to main content

Module Nine - Art Making/Material Exploration Drawings


1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I enjoyed using my hands as the subject I always struggled drawing hands and found this as the perfect opportunity to get some practice in also it was interesting trying to get all the details correct.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
For my medium I used a pencil because I am a bad drawer, so I knew I would make a lot of mistakes and a pencil would be more easy to work with and erase.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was a horrible experience, I struggled on every line, curve, shade and little detail I tried to put in, also it felt so unresponsive compared to my dominant hand.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
Yes, they are at least for the one done with my dominant hand the other might be considered a fail.

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

To be honest never again, unless the assignment was the best and worst I could do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow Reflection

Doing this assignments was very challenging for me, the only easy part to this assignment was creating my Photobucket account, which was as simple as it get. The assignment on the other hand was hard with its fourteen different concepts of art this was so challenging that I still don't think I completed it very well. Starting off my assignment I first read the pages in the book to gain a better understanding of the elements and principals I was to take pictures of. After which came the first difficult task for which was to find real world inspiration that relate to my topic. Taking pictures was like a day and a half process constantly deleting, re-taking and posting over and over again, after which it was just a matter of trying to accurately put the slideshow together, which was also difficult. This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way. Album http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/alkatek/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Elements%20and%20Princ...

Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1

The two art pieces that made an impact on me from my visit to the Albright Knox are as followed in this order " The Marvelous Sauce" by Jenhan Geogres Vibert in 1890, done with Oil on wood panel, the second piece was "Tempest in Red" Sandra cinto in 1969, done with acrylic and permanent pen on canvas. The piece it made an impact on me because I found it so funny and full of life, unlike all the other art pieces i found that day this one made me smile as soon as I saw it and looking at these characters made me wonder what is in that sauce. The second piece on the other hand simply garbbed my attention for its visual beauty, its use of lines pull me in and had me lost captivated, reminding me of a very intense sea storm. Art pieces I feel the most connected with are as follows "Carnival of Harlequin" by Joan Miro in 1925, done with Oil on Canvas, and the second piece " Twirling Hands" by James Drake in 1996, done w...

M11 - Art Gallery Visit #2

Step 1: The Exhibition 1. What is the title of the exhibit? The title of the exhibit is called "The Deep end of the Universe" by Takashi Muraki  2. What is the theme of the exhibition? It is a mixture of traditional aesthetics and Japanese pop culture, with a “super flat style”. Step 2: The Gallery 1. What type of lighting is used? No special lighting was used other than the one normally presented in that exhibit room. 2. What colors are used on the walls? The walls or plain white, 3. What materials are used in the interior architecture of the space? Clear white room, with pieces on wall, no special set up. 4. How is the movement of the viewer through the gallery space? You are presented to everything at once in a very over whelming way. Step 3: The Artwork 1. How are the artworks organized? They are all in one room, it is arranged in kind of a panorama way where the art lines all around the wall in look a “n” shape with the art pieces on the ...