Skip to main content

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow Reflection

Doing this assignments was very challenging for me, the only easy part to this assignment was creating my Photobucket account, which was as simple as it get. The assignment on the other hand was hard with its fourteen different concepts of art this was so challenging that I still don't think I completed it very well. Starting off my assignment I first read the pages in the book to gain a better understanding of the elements and principals I was to take pictures of. After which came the first difficult task for which was to find real world inspiration that relate to my topic. Taking pictures was like a day and a half process constantly deleting, re-taking and posting over and over again, after which it was just a matter of trying to accurately put the slideshow together, which was also difficult. This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way.

Album

Comments

  1. Raheem, I really like how your pictures convey very abstract and vibrant colors - all of which add to a balanced symmetry when compared to each other. It seems like you've done a bit of traveling when capturing some of these shots, which is amazing because an unknown setting tend to hold a viewer's attention longer and adds to their imagination.

    However, I did noticed that you failed to properly label your shots - if at all. This is a major drawback when trying to distinguish each shot's purpose and meaning. I understand that you struggled with this assignment saying; "This assignment showed me that I struggle with understanding art concepts in my own way." But Professor Tabone did provide a clear and concise slideshow example for this very reason. Also (not trying to nitpick here), I am uncertain on whether or not you used a digital camera for ALL of your shots. The shot of the dog, apartment complex, and the towers seem to lack the megapixeles and quality found in a digital camera (however I guess it depends on the camera used).

    Overall, great ideas and choice of photos. Next time a little more attentiveness to detail and you'll be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raheem, I really like your project and some of the images you used for your different elements and principals, they almost all embody the aspect they are trying to describe, such as movement with what I assume is your dog (he is very cute btw). Saying that the image you used for texture seems off with the picture of the fence with the car behind it, I do remember you said you found this assignment difficult and that is very understandable its usually liked that when we try something new were not used too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the concepts you used in the project it looks like you really tried to find those elements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1

The two art pieces that made an impact on me from my visit to the Albright Knox are as followed in this order " The Marvelous Sauce" by Jenhan Geogres Vibert in 1890, done with Oil on wood panel, the second piece was "Tempest in Red" Sandra cinto in 1969, done with acrylic and permanent pen on canvas. The piece it made an impact on me because I found it so funny and full of life, unlike all the other art pieces i found that day this one made me smile as soon as I saw it and looking at these characters made me wonder what is in that sauce. The second piece on the other hand simply garbbed my attention for its visual beauty, its use of lines pull me in and had me lost captivated, reminding me of a very intense sea storm. Art pieces I feel the most connected with are as follows "Carnival of Harlequin" by Joan Miro in 1925, done with Oil on Canvas, and the second piece " Twirling Hands" by James Drake in 1996, done w...

M11 - Art Gallery Visit #2

Step 1: The Exhibition 1. What is the title of the exhibit? The title of the exhibit is called "The Deep end of the Universe" by Takashi Muraki  2. What is the theme of the exhibition? It is a mixture of traditional aesthetics and Japanese pop culture, with a “super flat style”. Step 2: The Gallery 1. What type of lighting is used? No special lighting was used other than the one normally presented in that exhibit room. 2. What colors are used on the walls? The walls or plain white, 3. What materials are used in the interior architecture of the space? Clear white room, with pieces on wall, no special set up. 4. How is the movement of the viewer through the gallery space? You are presented to everything at once in a very over whelming way. Step 3: The Artwork 1. How are the artworks organized? They are all in one room, it is arranged in kind of a panorama way where the art lines all around the wall in look a “n” shape with the art pieces on the ...